Science Spec Thread
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
06-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by
Good evening Gents.
Im currently up to page 37 on this wonderful thread and still reading. I have learned a lot and wanted to thank you all for the great information found in this thread.
This is my current build:
I want to be able to solo PvE content but be a good space healer/support. My current "fleet" is a joke and I dont think I will be doing any "raiding" for a while, so there will be no ground healing in my near future. Living in Germany has proven to be though on finding an English speaking fleet, that's not even mentioning the six hour difference.
My current power settings are 75W-25-25-50 or 25W-50-25-75 when I'm in trouble.
Unlike WoW, I have not been able to wrap my head around the stats and mechanics of healing / dps on this game, so if I have totally messed this guy up, let me know. I would also love some weapon / consoles suggestions.
Thanks in advance for the help.
I'm still quite new to all this, so take my comments with a grain of salt.
1) Why go to lvl 9 in all those the tier 1 skills? Compared to lvl 7 you gain 1 measly point more in skill bonus but have to spent a ton of skill points that could be used elsewhere.
2) No starship attack vectors on a solo PvE ship? Isn't that a bit odd?
3) In general, you seem intent on taking as many skills to lvl 9 as possible. That might not be the most sensible approach. You might want to take a look here
. Based on that, you could, with a bit of shifting points around, get nearly the same skill boni out of your build and cover a lot more ground skill-wise.
4) 6 hour difference? I take it UK-based fleets are not an option then?
5) Weapons: solo PvE in a science ship means you won't be able to fly circles around your enemies - but they will. So you want to be able to hit them with as many weapons as possible whereever they are. For me that says beam arrays, with a 250° attack radius. I currently use 2 phaser arrays fore and aft plus one torpedo launcher fore. Turrets would be another option, but I have no experience with those.
That's all. I only just became captain on my first char myself, so no comment on higher up skills.
Hope this helps, fly safe!