Science Spec Thread
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
06-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by
I'm still quite new to all this, so take my comments with a grain of salt.
1) Why go to lvl 9 in all those the tier 1 skills? Compared to lvl 7 you gain 1 measly point more in skill bonus but have to spent a ton of skill points that could be used elsewhere.
2) No starship attack vectors on a solo PvE ship? Isn't that a bit odd?
3) In general, you seem intent on taking as many skills to lvl 9 as possible. That might not be the most sensible approach. You might want to take a look here
. Based on that, you could, with a bit of shifting points around, get nearly the same skill boni out of your build and cover a lot more ground skill-wise.
4) 6 hour difference? I take it UK-based fleets are not an option then?
5) Weapons: solo PvE in a science ship means you won't be able to fly circles around your enemies - but they will. So you want to be able to hit them with as many weapons as possible whereever they are. For me that says beam arrays, with a 250° attack radius. I currently use 2 phaser arrays fore and aft plus one torpedo launcher fore. Turrets would be another option, but I have no experience with those.
That's all. I only just became captain on my first char myself, so no comment on higher up skills.
Hope this helps, fly safe!
After taking a look at what you stated, I have reassigned my points and have changed my weapon load out.
My new build, please comment or suggest changes:
I am now running Phaser Beam Array, Quantum Torp, and Dual Phaser Beam Back up front and Plasma, Phaser, and Tetryon turrets in the back.
My energy settings are:
Combat - 75w-35-30-70/60
Defence - 25w-75-25-85/75