View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
Trade 2 of the DC's with DH'c, and get a torpedo
Don't they do about the same damage just fire in slow speeds? If there a real advantage from switching from a DC to a DHC? I was thinking about getting a projectile but didn't want to spend the extra SPs on one. I'll switch some things around and get one. Would you recommend a type?

Quote:
Trade the aft beam arrays for either 3 turrets or 2 turrets and an aft torp. The readon for this is you get greater forward DPS. Since most of your firepower is in the front, anyway, adding a little extra helps that much more.
K, I'll probably switch it up to 3 turrets then.

Quote:
Mk XII provides nothing in the way of benefits over Mk XI. Consider the Aegis set to start. Upgrade all uncommon consoles to rare. Replace the Biofunction Monitor with the Borg universal console.
I'm working on the Assimilation mission line now to get the Borg stuff so It'll probably end up there eventually.

Are you sure about the MK XII thing? In game shows it gives a higher improvement on whatever item its on.

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot, I'm also leveling up my crafting to get the Aegis set so that'll be awhile until I can get that.

Quote:
Disruptor induction coil? Did you mean that Plasma console you get with the Oberth? Put that in place of the Halon console. The jump you get in aux power will more than make up for the loss of the Halon, even though it's just a glorified battery.
No, the disruptor induction coil is to give the Disruptor Heavy cannon XI [critD] [critH] +24.
I did not know about that Universal Enhanced Plasma Manifold from the Oberth. I'd rather have constant passives over an active like the EPM. But if the EPM is "all that" I'll consider changing over.

Doesn't the Halon system buff my BOs Hazard Emitters? I find that to be pretty nice heal and that's why I have it. no good?

Quote:
Replace the Field Emitter console with the Field Generator. The +35% shield capacity more than makes up for the extra +7 power.
Done.

Quote:
Add 2 additional Plasma Infuser XI
I was worried about this actually. Isn't there a stacking penalty if you have to many?

Quote:
What's your Bridge Officer station loadout look like? Also, how you specced while levelling up is very important.
Yeah sorry about that:

CTO: Cannon: rapid fire 3, cannon scatter volley 2, APB 1, Beam target weapons 1
LCTO: APD 2, Tactical Team 2, Beam target engines 1,
LE: Engineering Team 2 , Emergency Power to Shields 1
LS: Tachyon Beam 2, Hazard Emitters 1
ET: Beam fire at will 1

I leveled similar to how i am now. Except i focused more on beams instead of cannons. I switched because of the higher DPS.

thx for the reply!