View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Agreed, I think in Nemesis it was the shields not fields and etc.
I could be wrong of course, but from watching the movie and that reference about the shields getting the snot kicked out of them, I am inclined to think it was the shields of the E.

Especially after hearing in First Contact, if memory serves, the E was said to be the most advanced starship of the fleet at that time so at least imo it fits.

I would soo love to have skintight shields on my ship.
It seems not too long ago the thought of separating starships into manageable "pets" was never going to happen and now look at what we have, the Galaxy R and MVAM.

I thought the skintight shields did make the E look a lot more technologically advanced compared to other ships of the series along with the sleek design and that is another reason why I think they would fit perfectly into STO.
The bubble shields look like imo that we went backwards rather than forward.

I know the saying about looks and all that, but just the same, it does imo look more futuristic.

At any rate all that aside, I think it would enhance the overall feel of the game, and while it may not seem like a "game changer" pretty much anything that can be done to make the game a more enjoyable experience gets a gold star in my book.