View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila

JUPITER CLASS DREADNOUGHT:
Tier 5 Cruiser (Rear Admiral Lower Half and up)

WEAPONRY:
Fore Weapon Slots: 3
Aft Weapon Slots: 3
Point Defense Turret (port): 2
Point Defense Turret (starboard): 2
May not equip cannons

BRIDGE OFFICER STATIONS:
Tactical: Lieutenant (1)
Engineering: Ensign (1), Lieutenant (1), Commander (1)
Science: Lieutenant Commander (1)

MODIFICATION SLOTS:
Tactical: 3
Engineering: 4
Science: 2

CREW SIZE:

IMPULSE SPEED:

TURNING RATE:

ABILITIES;
Launch Support Wing:
-Summons a wing of 6 leveled Peregrine fighters to aid the Jupiter in combat.
OR
-Summons a wing of 3 leveled Repair shuttles to fix the Jupiter or itís allies
This ability is usable once every 2 minutes and you may only have one wing launched at a time.

+5 Power to all Subsystems

+30% Hull Strength

Point Defense System:
The Jupiter Class Dreadnought, (in order to make up for itís lack of mobility) has four automated turrets mounted on itís sides (two on each). These turrets fire independently from the main weapon system and do not need to be controlled by the ships crew. The turrets are used mainly as a defensive measure and do not inflict serious harm to larger vessels, they do however protect the Jupiter from large torpedoes and smaller more agile craft.

Emergency Maneuvering Thrusters:
The Jupiter, (when necessary) can allocate power to their emergency maneuvering thrusters in order to come about more quickly. This power may be used once every 2 minutes and it increases the Jupiterís turn rate by 3 to a total of 6 for 20 seconds. This ability puts a large drain on the auxiliary power levels and it takes some time for the power to be restored. NOTE: This power does not increase the Jupiterís speed, just the turning rate.

Well that's it for now, any questions or comments?

Quiiliitiila
I say, wait till season 5/6 when Tier 6 ships and Fleet Admiral ranks become much more of a possibility, and then simply bump it up to 4 slots fore and aft. besides that everything seems to be in order. I also think that the fighters/repair shuttle should be able to return any survive an encounter, as to avoid constantly spending money on new units.
Well thems my thoughts,
Good luck!