View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Okay, here's a slightly different (or alternate) idea.

Could there be KDF missions submitted to the development team as above, only this time on a weekly basis. The developers could pick, say, five of the missions (perhaps even one mission per rank) and decide on appropriate rewards for those specific missions. These missions could have a wrapper mission by Cryptic with the mission specific rewards attached and the objective to complete the submitted Foundry mission. These missions could be “on” for a week and then the top five (or whatever number is chosen) of the next submission set could go through the process.

This would have the benefit of offering more choices when leveling and would be beneficial to casual players (hardcore players would blow through these rapidly and be back to the normal progression). This could also be beneficial to social players and role-players.

For example, person one could talk about the mission they had as a Lieutenant where they needed to uncover a plot by the House of <random Klingon name>. Another player may not have done that mission (but would still have access to it on the Foundry if they wanted to give it a try) but had a mission to overcome the great Tribble migration before it hit the new colony. (See, there’s a reason I don’t write missions.) Not only would this spread the word about Foundry mission, but would also add a unique or personal touch to the characters, themselves.

Just a thought.

(I am also going to amend this to my original post.)

-Auspice