View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-21-2011, 02:16 PM
They messed up the design, the original concept was classic...awesome. But they went in and totally ruined the deflector dish and saucer. The ship has lots its flow now, its become...an overdeveloped Cryptic designed ship. I am almost not looking forward to it anymore if its gonna look like that concept art. Its got that modular look that all those other horrible looking Cryptic SF ships have thanks for the block deflector, the weirdness on top of the saucer.

The saucer should be more round when viewed from above as well, I dont like the oval shape. Well, thats just my thoughts on it...I really wish the deflector was closer to the original design, more rounded on the bottom lip...and without the dumb overbite...but I guess we will see how this pans out. And aside from what ive mentioned, everything else about it is great. Maybe it will grow on me...who knows.

Adams model looks pretty good, but there is some weirdness going on on the tops of the nacelles. I like the open top Sovereign style nacelles that the concept art has. It should be familiar, but not overdone or insane. I also wouldnt mind seeing some variants added for the ship either, nothing wrong having a couple nacelle options in the ship tailor.