View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
So basically we can safely expect that non-Klingon officers in the KDF serve according to their own agendas and loyalty is going to vary from officer to officer.

Klingons not being stupid and being equally capable of manipulative behavior, it's also safe to say that these non-Klingon officers are:

a) Under close observation (read: you got a spy on your ship, and probably more than one)

b) Kept in line with rewards and punishments

c) Played against each other as necessary to maintain an acceptable status quo
That's exactly my point. The carrot and stick they offer my Nausicaan pirate would be totally different from the carrot and stick used on a Klingon, Orion or Gorn. My Nausicaan would deal with NPC's in ways different from the standard Klingon, Orion, or Gorn reactions, sometimes in subtly different ways sometimes in dramatically different ways.

We all agree that they haven't written a Featured Episode that fits for both the Federation and KDF. They've come close but invariably you reach a problem and the solution involves apologizing, bartering or performing some mundane task that is a waste of time that destroys any KDF feel. But I'm saying it's even worse than that if you try to set a featured episode to that unique Klingon feel because that featured episode would not only destroy any Federation feel, it also would be some degree alien to the Trill, Orion, Nausicaan, Gorn and maybe even Lethean players in the KDF.

Not that it still isn't worth the effort of them to try. Put the Federation players in a "klingon costume" and have section 31 impress upon them the importance of 'maintaining their cover.' It wouldn't be any more aggravating for me to have my Nausicaan extolling the virtues of honor and dying in battle this time than it was when he was on the galley of the dead and it certainly wouldn't be any more aggravating than the task of fixing a lady a warm, medium strength drink in a little stemmed glass with a drop of honey but with a sour taste to it.