View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
The only reason I can see it been better to use the term battlecruiser rather than cruiser is to prevent any confusion with Starfleet ships, more so when weapon types have the ship types they can be equiped on.

I'm also not overly keen on using the term 'advanced', but with so many ship types in the game, it starts getting hard to come up with new terms whilst not duplicating any already in use that could cause confusion!
I made an effort to avoid duplicating any categories in my list, but that may eventually become moot if the plans to add more factions into the game eventually comes to pass. There's only so many terms to go around, less so if you're trying to keep things consistent, and somewhat realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
I'd say the Vor'cha was a battlecruiser, and the Negh'var a battleship, if we went by the strictly naval classifications, they have the same weaponry essentially, but one is more agile and one is tougher.
I could do a more comprehensive re-classification of the game, but I'm guessing Cryptic won't want to change anything more than absolutely neccesary (as shown by their continued refusal to fix the rank structure). So that means keeping things mostly in line with what they've already established, unless they want to provide more detailed guidance on the matter. That means, that while the Negh'Var does seem to come off as more of a Battleship than a Cruiser, it has to remain a Cruiser to tie it in with the rest of the ships in it's line.