View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-27-2011, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
I tried that, wasn't happy. I dont like neglecting broadside also, but want to focus on forward arc more.

2xDHC,1x torp, 1x beam arrray
2x turret, 2x beam array

Turn rate is not a problem, once you get used to it. People who say its horrible, didnt try enough. Beside, if you would up the turn rate by +1, you would end with assault cruiser clone with cloak and spinal lance, and that would make assault cruiser even worse choice that its now. I wonder if people are so blind as to not see it.

I think people assume every cruiser would get a turn rate buff if 1 did, at least i do. Except the klingon cruisers, they are perfect imo. galR/galX/star cruiser should get 8, excelsior should get 9, and assault should get 11, then it would fly around like it did in nemesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
The turn rate is low yes, but you DO NOT have to turn, in 90% situations is better to reverse (burst speed) and change your heading. That low innertia of the ship will help with that a lot as it will keep your temporar speed longer. if someone wants, i can get with him in private matches and show him some "turtle" maneuvers.

There is so many things how to improve your turn rate, yet people refuse to use them, instead claiming ship is bad.
  • Engine power setting
  • RCS console
  • Emergency power to engines
  • deuterium surpus
  • evasive maneuvers
  • attack pattern alpha
  • aux to dampeners

Yet if you would check, 90% of the cruiser builds of people that say Galaxy-X is bad, has no EPtE nor Aux to Dampeners. And half of them would moan that they dont want to use RCS console, because want something else...

My engineering BOs for regenerative shields is...

EPtE 1; ET 2; EPtS 3; Aux to SIF 3
EPtW 1; Aux to D 1; EPtS 3

So far, i haven't found anything better. Although i was thinking about dropping one EptS 3 for warp plasma...
i might be tempted to use a dual beam bank and use BO 1 with it right before the lance. maybe pop a weapons battery or use EPtW 1 then fire the lance. Also CRF1 for the 2 dual cannons and all turrets in back, and HYT 1 for the torpedo. I have another thought; EPtW 3 says that it has a 5 second long 20% damage boost. if you hit that right before the lance fires that would be some carnage. since your ship is set up to mainly alpha with or without the lance, i donít think high survivability powers would be all that necessary. After the alpha you would want to remaneuver to acquire a new target or GTFO if you start taking fire, cloak and alpha again. EjectWP 1 and EPtW 3 might be better uses of the LTCOM stations.