View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-28-2011, 03:03 AM
There is plenty of ways, how to set up your defence skills/equipment to leave you maximum room for offensive power. it boils down to personal preference really.

Someone likes armor consoles for dmg resistance, others prefer SIF consoles for passive hull heal.

Most people prefer Covariants, but with the boost to Tactical Team and its autobalance, regenerative shields works against burst the same way.

I personally prefer passives, to save up engineering/science powers for something else.

[Console - Engineering - Field Emitter Mk XI]
[Console - Engineering - SIF Generator Mk XI]

With my human (leadership trait), natural 44% hull heal per minute (roughly 4% hull hps per 6s), 448% outside combat (roughly 10s to get full from being almost destroyed). Saves up some room from hull heals. Single Engineering Team III is 14K hps heal.

[Console - Engineering - Field Emitter Mk XI]
[Console - Engineering - Field Generator Mk XI]
[Console - Engineering - Shield Emitter Amplifier Mk XI]
[Console - Engineering - Shield Emitter Amplifier Mk XI]

With 2x EPtS III to reach 125 shield power, and regenerative shield (borg), you can pretty much have roughly 1600 hps per facing per 6s natural regeneration. Saves me Transfer Shield Strength. You just have to constantly rebalance shields, or even better have tactical team. For a tactical captain a single tactical team with tactical initiate can make you pretty much invulnerable for a minute....unless you are subnuked or have to use other team power.

Too many choices how to save up BO powers for something offensive, like tractor beam, DEM, warp plasma and such.