View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 125 Free Thinker
06-29-2011, 08:58 PM
This going to be quick, Ensign. I have meeting with Admiral Quinn in 10 minutes.

In a nutshell, I was on the USS Alabama for a training mission in the Risa System. There was an attack by pirates and the captain was killed. The Pirates turned away at the last moment and we were spared destruction.

Starfleet has an interstellar version of Hostis humani generis. You took Latin right? Good. So because we were attacked by pirates and they posed a danger to all ships in the sector, I ordered all non-essential crew to the planet so we could save power on life support. I then ordered the shields, engines, and weapons be priority repaired.

We located a nebula and sent out a general distress call. We claimed to be a transport carrying latinum for the Bank of Bolias. As expected, we were attacked.

We destroyed three of the four ships and captured the fourth. I faced the commander of the last ship and was faced with two choices: take him to the nearest starbase or shove him out the airlock. After a few minutes of pondering, I decided to take him to the nearest starbase.

Just then, the ship disappeared and was replaced by a holodeck. I was taking a test and I passed...sort of. I apparently skipped the part where I contacted Starfleet to ask for permission to hunt down the pirates, but they decided to give me extra credit for doing the right thing without having to be told. Starfleet wants people who can think for themselves.

So if I see you in here again because you have to be told every little thing you need to do, I'll toss you out the airlock as we warp past a starbase.

Dismissed...