View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 41
07-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
I'm really hoping the uniforms are just getting a little bit of polish before coming out on tribble. It's great we finally have the new Gorn, we just need uniforms for them. I'm interested in why the options NPCs wear can't be ported over to players?

For the answer to this, I think, if I recall correctly, one of the devs said that an NPC and its clothing weren't pieces that they changed as they wished, but that the NPC themselves was a "costume," meaning that a Gorn Mauler (example names, not necessarily a real Gorn NPC name) was dressed differently and looked different than a Gorn Ra'fwiq did. In other words, there are no costume pieces that they mix and match. The whole NPC is one, static costume and piece of art.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that's the explanation given by a dev in response to a similar question. You can see an example of what I mean in the Foundry, where you assign "costumes" to an NPC. You choose Starfleet Captain Tactical, Starfleet Captain Engineering, Klingon Swordmaster, Dahar Master, etc. They look the same.