View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-05-2011, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampir888 View Post
Here I tend to disagree (I'm primary a sci/sci player so I might be biased). Why? Because what you get from a deflector is more than balanced with the increased need of skill points for your powers. Tac/Eng ships have 3 sci powers at most. So if they use synergy effects they have to skill 3-4 skills (eg HE/PH/TB). Sci ships on the other hand have to use points for their sci skills and furthermore for weap/eng skill which (most of the time) have an additional passive effect. Besides that I don't think sci skills are that unbalanced until they are used by several people at once... but that's (for me) just another way of focus fire.
Maybe, many of the SCi I play with put as little as possible in weapons and usually go with the energy type that offers a proc complimentary to their build but they do not rely on weapons to do most of their damage. But again it falls back to optimal builds which there are like 2-3 for sci ships.

Quote:
SNB is currently the only reliable way to kill res stacking. So for now it is a necessary evil. Also it needs a bit of timing to be really effective. That said I can live with a ST3 able to protect against a SNB1-3 but with the short duration of ST I doubt it will have any real influence. Just wait 5 sec with it.
It seems that defensive buffs outpace offensive buffs. If one tactical skill debuffs you by 20% a defensive buff gets you 30%

Quote:
Actually I don't think resistance is the problem but healing. Keep resistance as it is maybe even increase it a bit but change the heals to HoT. That way you will lose the yo-yo effect while still being able to survive focused fire for some time. But because of the missing heal you better use the time to get away.
I disagree, I have alphas blunted to 10K because of the stack a resist. While I agree healing is OP'd but if healing were the only thing you would see more bragging about uber damage numbers. Like a I said earlier rock, paper, scissors model is broken. Rock beats both paper and scissors now.

Quote:
This is supposed to change with S4... at least for STFs.
This has been promised for every update since they introduced STFs color me skeptical.