View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiy
Did you really expect that having a new gameplay would change who wins?

Adapting is the strong point of any true pvper.. regardless how much they nerf the gameplay or screw the class balance, the true pvp'ers will just adapt to it and play with classes & weapons that most effective for the job at hand.

If anything, the changes made it actually worse for newbies on ground tbh.
That much is true. And in the end S4 Ground changes just ends up being a temporary Spike and it will return to being a graveyard.

Quote:
Bad idea it means we will just all sit behind corners waiting for the others to make the move... if theres one thing i totally hate then its exactly that sort of gameplay.. its boring.

I wouldnt want games to emulate the real world either.. one of the main reasons to play games is actually evading the real world and having fun... if we all sit behind corners because charging in makes us lose accuracy and thus lose, the game just becomes a stalemate between good players.
Like you said above, you would adapt. But it would give bad players an increased chance to enjoy PvP without being curbstomped over and over again by experienced players.

Quote:
But it worked well before.. regular ground pvp'ers had fun in pvp and theres enough videos around from people doing stf's in 30-45 minutes (before the change), elite explorations on ground under the old systems were doable in like 8-10 minutes for me too.
And yet your idea of fun ends up being the misery of others who don't stand a chance. Your own fleet members commented long ago after Ground PvP was completely dead that you lose interest because there was no players, because you chased them all away. Which is exactly why Space PvP is on life support, because all the best players discouraged new participants.

So there is a choice to be made, Newbs never return, you guys lighten up, or Cryptic steps in.