View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiy
Yea blame the good players for the state of pvp... but thats how it is in any game, either losing motivates you to learn how to play it and you make friends to actually teamplay it or you don't.. no amount of game changes ever will make new players win against veterans in pvp.
I won't disagree that part of it is learning to get good at it. But this strict reliance on Teamplay is really the Achielle's heal with STO PvP because teamwork greatly distances that from other players. So non-teamed players really have no chance in H when they fight a premade.

That core mechanic really needs to change, because it's been a year since STO launched and people still PuGing (including myself). So Cryptic needs totally rethink everything, else PvP in STO might as well be disbanded.

Unless you Hardcore PvPers are finally going to give up your secrets in how to improve. I myself have hit the wall that I realize that I will never be a 10 and have to suffice as an 7.

Quote:
They did already.. they speeded it up, now the new players die faster then ever :c)
And yet, just look at it now. Already a few days and people are already giving up. That really shows how terrible the PvP system is in STO.

Quote:
Well it leaves the choice between killing and pve objectives.. most people seem to prefer killing - although its much slower in shanty going by how games plays out most of the time.
As I said, if Cryptic makes the right map the story would be different.

Quote:
Actually different to you im not interessted in openpvp areas.. i've seen it in **** at launch, thousands of players zerging onto thousands of other players. Those battles are purely decided by what side brings more people.. its not worth my time. I prefer small arena's with even numbers where the quality of people actually matters and you have the feeling you are actually contributing to your team.

What i've seen of openpvp so far in mmorpgs were tailored towards zerg guilds, zerg guilds are not my type of guild. I prefer small elite guilds based upon quality people that can totally depend on each other.
I don't like Zerging either, in the real world zerging always ended up with severe causalties, and MMO companies never understood that. And that is precisely why I suggested that Negative Accuracy Modfier when moving, that way it promotes more cautious tactics more true to real military battles.

Quote:
Maybe thats your type of gameplay.. i find sitting on the roof waiting for some victim to come into distance to one-shot snipe em from a save distance actually rather a bit lame.. its good for a few giggles but its not really teamplay bussiness and lacks quite a bit on action too - im glad that doesn't work in arenas, you actually got to deal with opponents in your face there
Yes, I'm a sharpshooter at heart and not the guy charging blindlessly their way into battle. I like to think strategically than tactically.