View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 508
07-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanZen View Post
Well since the DOff System wasnt released with the Season 4 launch, I'd rather wait for it to be released with Starfleet Academy's release. I'm getting tired of seeing "Hail Contact X's." We need to see some new scenery with this system, and I think Starfleet Academy is the perfect platform for it. I wouldnt mind going all the way to Starfleet Acedemy to refill my DOff Roster everytime because if feels like thats the way it should be anyway.
The DOff system won't be live for at least two months. I'd venture that Featured Episode Series 4 will be about the same time given that Stahl is playtesting an unfinished first episode and the new goal is to complete a series before releasing the first part, to facilitate rapid back-to-back series. (So that by the time they're working on the next part, we see the first series.)

For 2-3 months, the only content I'm aware of are the Borg Invasion and STF revamps.

While new tutorials are stated as being lower priority than the Featured Episodes... I think there will be a strong temptation to release Starfleet Academy and Klingon Academy as social maps well before FE Series 4 or the DOff system. In fact, with cadet uniforms hitting the C-Store in less than two weeks, I strongly suspect there will be a push to release Academies as social maps and Foundry hookups on the day the uniforms hit the C-Store because, from a marketing PoV, people exploring a new social map are more likely to take the plunge and buy the uniforms.