View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1 Hargh'peng Torpedoes
07-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_K
(Original Post)
To whoever though it was a good idea to introduce a torpedo that does double damage AOE that bypasses shields: I hate you.

This is worse than that glitch where the Heavy Plasma Torpedo wouldn't de-spawn after exploding, and would hit you again.

I just got out of a match against a pre-made group in which each enemy player had at least one (I don't know their builds) Hargh'peng Launcher.

My shields? Useless. I literally died once with practically full shields.
My hull strength? Gone in two torpedo hits.
My Hazard Emitters? Overwhelmed by the amount of purple fire on my hull.
My team? Spent more time waiting to respawn than actually fighting.

To repeat, to whoever thought up the concept of these things and put them into the game: I hate you.

Please fix this.
I'm sorry, whoever put these hargh'peng torpedoes into this game. I don't mean that. I made this post right after rage-quiting STO after said team (whose fleet I won't mention, I'll just refer to them as not the 527th or 529th) destroyed my team extremely easily by just focus firing volleys of Hargh'pengs. I was angry and hateful at some players who were using an exploit in the current game system. Now that I've got some sleep and calmed down, I realize that I was being unfair.

I know you probably weren't being malicious or spiteful when you introduced these weapons, just that they'd be a cool reward for a remastered mission. But they have the unintended consequence of skewing PvP incredibly.

I actually don't even think that they actually need rebalancing that much, but there needs to be a limit on how many you can put on 1 ship, especially with pre-made PvP teams that could possibly bring up to 40 different individual weapons into a match.

I still believe this is a problem, though. Please fix it.