View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman1701 View Post
I've been playing STO since it launched and I'm "suddenly" having trouble with data (samples & particles) farming for a couple of months now. By that I mean I've been searching for the following:

Chronometric particle trace and Vertion particle trace.

The farming guide (from these forums) I used to follow seemed pretty accurate up unto recently. It is at http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=115026.

To be clear, I've spent literally hours every few days for months now looking in all the suggested areas and I'm about at my wits end. I simply can't locate Chronometric PT or Vertion PT.

Fellow STOers, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?:

PS- I farmed B'tran Cluster at VA hundreds of time now, with no luck as regards these PTs!
Particle Traces are totally random. I have 8 characters at the level cap. Getting the Particle Tracker accolade was always a goal for them. I always gather anomalies. IT turn as there was always that one Particle Trace that I was missing to get the accolade. I've have upwards of 9-10 PTs but none of that one Particle Trace. And you know that that one Particle Trace was for each of my character? It was different for everyone of character.

Bottom line is that random means random. On my main character, I have 13(!) Antithorns. the count of the next closers is 5. I guess Antithorons are common? NOT!