View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-15-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm sorry this is ridiculous. Don't apply your own sense of honor to Klingon Honor.

They are very different things, and we lack any cultural background to understand the ins and outs of it. It is afterall, fictional, so the definition of honor varies episode to episode and movie to movie.

It is an alien culture, one with concepts similar to concepts in our own, but nothing that directly translates 1:1, making any claims of what is and isn't honorable irrelevant.

This thread also has nothing to do with Klingon honor, it is about a broken game mechanic.

Personally I'm not even sure what is still broken with EBC, and what may have changed since its release.

Something to keep in mind, though, is that reworking various weapons has been stated as a dev goal, specifically transphasic torpedoes. It could be that if those get a proper revamp, EBC might be more useful for transphasics. But that probably isn't enough either. I do think that maybe it should get bonuses to torpedo use, to represent how it was used in canon. Then again, that is probably too much of a niche use for it.