Feedback & Analysis
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
07-16-2011, 03:56 AM
1. What ship(s) did you fly as you ranked up? For each, primarily PvE, PvP or both? Group or solo?
2. What ship(s) do you fly at cap? For each, primarily PvE, PvP or both? Group or solo?
3. Which ship(s) do you think are currently overpowered? PvE, PvP, or both? Specifically why?
4. Which ship(s) do you think are currently underpowered? PvE, PvP, or both? Specifically why?
5. What feature of your favorite ships do you like the most? As in, console configurations, station configurations, aesthetics, special abilities, etc.?
VA Salal, Fed. Science Officer
Lt. - Miranda
Lt. Cmdr. - Nova
Cmdr. - Excelsior / Nebula
Cpt. - Excelsior / Nebula
LA - Sovereign / Nimbus
VA - Sovereign / Galaxy
2. Mostly Sovereign-class, but also Galaxy and Excelsior, depending on type of mission
3. Escorts deal in general too much damage, which is ok regarding gameplay, but non-canon. The Akira-class was never described as an Escort, equipping her with cannons and flying her like the Defiant is almost ridiculous.
The Excelsior is nice, but overpowered on a story level. An Excelsior cruiser an match the Sovereign as well as Galaxy and Akira, although it is much older and should be at least not stronger.
4. The Akira deserves to be endgame-content. Memory-Alpha describes her as a heavy cruiser with a large hangar deck. None of this is respected in the game, she is smaller and weaker than she should be, her firepower should exceed e.g. the Excelsior by far.
A major problem are the science vessels. Their abilities are fancy gimmicks, but mostly useless compared to the cost of lower firepower and tactical capabilities. I would like to have a free Officer slot like on the Nebula-class on the other science vessels as well to compensate - equipped with a second tactical officer, things look much different.
5. I like the second tactical station on the Sovereign, as a third ensign engineer (like on the Galaxy) is useless. But I miss a special skill for the Sovereign, it used to be one of the best ships of her time, but lacks any special ability. What about a 360° phaser burst as seen on Nemesis? Or a metaphasic shield (ok, that could easily overpower her).
The Galaxy-class saucer-separation is great - and not useless, as some claimed above. The saucer makes an excellent tank and the battle section deals good damage.