Feedback & Analysis
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
07-16-2011, 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by
1. What ship(s) did you fly as you ranked up? For each, primarily PvE, PvP or both? Group or solo?
2. What ship(s) do you fly at cap? For each, primarily PvE, PvP or both? Group or solo?
3. Which ship(s) do you think are currently overpowered? PvE, PvP, or both? Specifically why?
4. Which ship(s) do you think are currently underpowered? PvE, PvP, or both? Specifically why?
5. What feature of your favorite ships do you like the most? As in, console configurations, station configurations, aesthetics, special abilities, etc.?
1. For Arthurious: Light Cruiser, Science Vessel, Advanced Heavy Cruiser, Long Range Science Vessel, Dreadnought Cruiser, Refit Long Range Science Vessel, Advanced Research Vessel, Refit Tactical Escort, MVAM Advanced Escort.
2. Advanced Science Ship for Groups, Dreadnought Cruiser for Fleet Actions and Solo, MVAM Advanced Escort and Refit
3. I'd have to say the MVAM escort can be powerful at times in PvE. I've never used the ship in pvp. Mostly due to the extra two escorts supporting.
4. Again I can't really comment as to which ships are under or over powered.
5. Advanced Research Vessel - supports a my play style and desired role of support / healer in space. The Engineering stations really provide the healing abilities I'm looking for while I'm still able to access all of the necessary science abilities. The Tachyon Detection Grid is lackluster but provides a small bonus to my sensor scan.
I also don't mind the look of the Nebula as it is part of the Galaxy class family.
Dreadnought Cruiser - My spec does not support this ship so I only provide a few basic talents that modify my performance when I taker my Dreadnought out into space. The cloaking device is probably one of the redeeming features of this ship, for me anyway. It's nice being able to simply cloak and fly past all the trash in Fleet Actions.
The turn rate on the Dreadnought is pretty poor though my skills don't aid the ship in that regard so I cannot complain too much.
The Phaser Lance is cool but I rarely get to use it, inopportune times, low turn rate and a high cooldown all contribute.
Overall I still love the look of this ship and would love to kitbash a Galaxy IV.
Refit Long Range Science Vessel - Great turn rate, really great survival skill (Ablative Armor Generator) and a great looking ship.
I really can't think of anything seriously wrong with this ship apart from the Ensign Science Station that rarely has anything useful for me. In PvP I'd likely fill that station with Polarize Hull or Mask Energy Signature but since I don't pvp it has little use to me.
Refit Tactical Escort - Another great ship, the cloak is handy for getting past annoying adds, easy to fly and great looking. Again the Ensign tactical slot has little use to me.
MVAM Advanced Escort - I currently use this ship to do my dailies on the advanced setting. The squish aspect of the ship is easily over come by the added support from the other components. Another good looking ship and most important of all, I can't find anything wrong with the bridge officer stations.