View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 70
07-17-2011, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
1. What ship(s) did you fly as you ranked up? For each, primarily PvE, PvP or both? Group or solo?
1. I've flown almost every ship out there. I PvE till I reach VA. Then I PvP so my experience with PvP is pretty much only at the VA stage. Do some Kerrat at lower levels. For leveling I mostly solo because I feel like I can actually keep a faster pace by myself (dont need to give directions or wait).

Quote:
2. What ship(s) do you fly at cap? For each, primarily PvE, PvP or both? Group or solo?
2. Currently a Recon Sci, a Nebula R, an Excelsior R, an MVAM and a Vo'Quv. Both PvE and PvP. Group and solo.

Quote:
3. Which ship(s) do you think are currently overpowered? PvE, PvP, or both? Specifically why?
3. If anything, Klingon Carriers who are piloted by an Engineer or Sci are crazy. The ability to spam pets like they do, their large hull coupled with their captains abilities to spam heal. If I had to pick one thing it would be them though Im not sure it is THAT overpowered actually since the shield nerf and Sci's were affected less so but still affected. I see a lot of people talk about balance but Im not sure there is validity to a lot of what gets asked to be nerfed. For instance I just saw a thread where the author was asking for the Defiant to be nerfed because he gets beat badly everytime he sees one. I disagree. I mostly play my Sci chars and have no trouble beating a lot of defiant pilots with my Intrepid. You simply need to know your tactics, ships, powers and captains abilities. I may be one of the few people who think this but I do think this game does fairly well at keeping things balanced. Im not one of those who thinks a power needs to be nerfed just because I get beaten by someone. I just rethink my strategy.

Quote:
4. Which ship(s) do you think are currently underpowered? PvE, PvP, or both? Specifically why?
4. I would like to say the Intrepid R because that is what I use the most. The truth is that would be a lie. My survivability is already great and I can usually take down my opponents in 1 vs. 1 no matter their class. I've had a lot of practice with that ship however and can understand why people may think it needs an upgrade who are still new to the ship. However, having said that Im starting to believe that the Ablative armor is sort of junk. Think about it, there are so many things that can take it off line by disabling the ship for a short duration. Photonic Shcokwave, target Aux, Viral matrix, tricobalt torpedos etc. I find it useful about 50% of the time I deploy it. I dont believe shortening the timer on it is a fix either. Ive recently switched to a Recon sci because I'm starting to feel it may actually be superior to the Intrepid given the many ways to remove the ablative armor. The recon gains an extra console and more turn. On the other hand, Ablative armor can work some of the time and a few pilot's are getting smarter about how to strip it off. I'm probably letting the cat out of the bag for those who say it needs nerfed. It's great when it works but thats not all the time. Someone nails it with a PSW or tric and all concentrate fire. Intrepid go boom. Ablative armor doesn't need nerfed. It already is.

Quote:
5. What feature of your favorite ships do you like the most? As in, console configurations, station configurations, aesthetics, special abilities, etc.?
5. Well...it would be cool to see more ships with Universal BOff slations. Gives you a little more room for customizing and experimenting with builds. I'd like to see ships being thought of in terms of classes for a specific career completely disappear. More customization available to us all if every ship at VA and RA had a Lt or Ensign Universal BOff slot. Preferably Lt.