View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
Mark me down for that as well. The Cheyenne was a kitbash created for the Wolf 359 debris field. It wasn't ever even meant to be used in a traditional sense and IMO looks like garbage. Stargazer is OK, at least it looks somewhat like a traditional Federation ship. Dakota's got this weird loop back hull piece that belongs on a Romulan War Bird when there should be a more typical engineering hull there.

I realize the designers are trying to go for the modern look, but let's stick to some recognized fundamentals of Federation starship design, m'kay? The step up from Constitution Class derivatives at LC level to these 4 nacelled no engineering hull kitbashes at CM then back to traditional Galaxy Class derivatives at Captain doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

The Excelsior design is great. It has history and there is definite room for modernization (without infringing on the Ent-B style refit).

If anything I think the Excelsior should be the default Cruiser for CM level characters and have the 4 nacelle variants available as the "Advanced Heavy Cruiser." Makes more sense to me as Excelsior certainly isn't an advanced design compared to something like Stargazer.
No more quad nacelle ugliness.