View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 94
07-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
Understood It's a change in business model for us too - and it's often an uncomfortable change to accept however in its defense it will increase the quality of the game by a lot and will guarantee a great deal of additional new content, IP accurate content, etc.

Paying extra money blows, I know... but I think it will up the bar of quality quite a bit. When Cryptic generates more money, it will have noticeable improvements upon the game

I'm glad so many people are on board with the c store model, even if they are on board reluctantly.
All my fears realised. Bad news.
How long before this miraculous increase in game quality appears? You say any changes takes anywhere between months and years. So how many years will it be?

In my opinion S4 has been a systematic technical failure regards to bugs. Impressive for the small team you have but still, impressively bad for a lot of your paying customers. How will forcing people to give you more money help say within the next 2 months? I suspect I wont be around for that long. I've already given you all the help you are going to get and now you want more?

I am not a bottomless pit.

IP accurate content should be a gimme for a game based on an IP? What kind of statement is that? Are you saying that if you don't get the funds that you will just throw us any old rubbish?

I'm reminded of a recent event here in the UK.

There once was a football (soccer to you Americans) team called Manchester City. Never won anything and one day they were bought out by a very wealthy man. He pumped hundreds of million of pounds into the club and everybody said (including them) that this was the beginning of a new era - that dominance was on the way.

It didn't work. They are better, yes, but still didn't win a thing of note. They lost their 'heart' and they just threw money (fan's money) at every problem and created a Frankenstein's monster. All without winning. People still give them money because its the club (IP) that's in their own hearts and they want to see it succeed, all the while without success. The club is preying and relying on that.

I suspect you are going to go the same way. I am not just reluctant, I am disappointed and deeply upset at you all for allowing this. You could have made enough money another way, you could have had my money some other way and now you won't get any. You've chosen the quick and easy path and we all know where that leads...

You are a business. Yes we understand you need to make money but the IP is NOT yours and will be here a long time after your company ends. This is because of the fans who have it in their heart, not because of your business model.

Sad day to actually hear this. Kudos to your Logan for having the stones to lay it out flat on the table and not keep everyone in the dark like the rest of your team.