View Single Post
Lt. Commander
I have been having a discussion with a few friends of mine over the subject of Lifetime subscriptions and Veterans rewards.

In STO there are a few items which unlock with time spent in-game, such as the Captain's Yacht (400 days of subscription). I have heard both sides of the argument from my friends - "A Lifetime subscription should automatically unlock all veteran rewards, as after all it is non-refundable and is 'lifetime' meaning the player has (or will) put in all time required for any vet reward, plus it's an incentive to sell more life subs" and the flip-side, "No noob should have access to vet rewards right off the bat. They have to earn them by putting in their time (and gaining playing experience) just like everyone else. Vet rewards are a badge of honor, they shouldn't be given away to someone who just bought the game (lifetime or not)."

I'd like to get a much bigger perspective on this subject than just my friends. So what do you all think about this subject? Should people have to put in the time regardless of subscrption type to get vet rewards or should lifetime subscribers have access to them at the get go, because regardless of what happens, they will eventually have them unlocked anyway?