View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-19-2011, 03:31 PM
@ TantalusOmega your strategy can work quite well, particularly if you have the firepower to take down the stronger Heavy/Elite Tactical Drones fairly quickly but it can be quite risky. Since all Borg can Assimilate I feel it's prudent to reduce the number of targets that can Assimilate you as swiftly as possible, especially as Drones are quite squishy. You're right about the Drones not being able to do enough damage to Assimilate you but they can do enough to your Bridge Officers particularly if two or more are attacking them. On the same note, your Bridge Officers tend to focus their healing skills on your Captain and use hypo's far too indescriminately to keep their HP out of the danger zone all of the time.

Sorry, kinda started rambling, I do that, often. Anyways your strategy is certainly valid and mine is in no way gospel so others may find your way best. I still need to get some other Races in the Enemy Analysis posts but if I have space in the post after I've squeezed them in I'll put your idea up as an alternate strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrawfo View Post
This was uber helpful. I didn't know about the Remodulators and was slowly bludgeoning Borg to death with my rifle butt.
Yeah I did that the first time too, it was like "First Contact", I just heard Picard shout "Fight hand to hand if you have to!" and started showing Drones the non-business end of my rifle. If your gonna have voices inyour head, Picard is not a bad way to go, or the one that keeps nagging me about Karen Gillan, I like that one as well.

Anyways, new stuff! A real question for the Q&A, not funny but good. Added Nausicaans to enemy analysis, covered up some of my blonde moments, don't think anyone noticed those... and a big one:-

I was wrong, WRONG, people! About the HP level Borg need to reduce you to before they can Assimilate you, it is not 10% so I torched all my old testing notes on the subject, which was on another computer so that was more expensive than it needed to be. I need to do more testing on it but it appears to be nearer to 20% HP befoere they can Assimilate so be careful.