View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-20-2011, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblinian View Post
See it that way: 11: You get an FE, then grind until 21 where you get another FE. You'll have a pattern of FE/grind/FE/grind/etc. instead of all FE series at the beginning and endless grind following (FE/grind/grind/grind/grind/...).
Okay, so we're in agreement that the change does not actually affect the amount of grinding a character needs do, it only effects the quality of grinding by adding new content gradually. I can see the benefit of this. Our previous situation does leave the player facing a desolate wasteland of grinding once he's gotten done with all the Featured Episodes. But this situation leaves our players doing the exact same amount of grinding with less options in how they grind between the levels of 11 and 31.

So, calculating and comparing the differences we come down to the basic analysis of pros and cons. Does the break in monotony given by gradual introduction of Featured Episodes between levels 11 and 31 provide a benefit better than greater options in leveling from level 11 to 31. I still say no. For one, there's already a break in grinding monotony to look forward to in the form of the superb Klingon story missions, so a new break is less significant and two, the more different ways you have of leveling the less like a grind your grind will feel.

Now, getting from 11 to 31, from lieutenant commander to captain, is not the hardest part of leveling so I still don't think this is the end of the world. But I don't think it's a step in the right direction.