View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrawfo View Post
This was uber helpful. I didn't know about the Remodulators and was slowly bludgeoning Borg to death with my rifle butt.
I think (emphasis on the THINK part) that even if the Borg have adapted to your weapons, you still do a tiny amount of damage with the primary/secondary fires without remodulating. It can be useful if that drone you were firing at adapted to your weapon right before he was about to die. I could be wrong, though. Sometimes it's hard to tell with my Boffs firing off shots in every direction at multiple drones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
@ TantalusOmega your strategy can work quite well, particularly if you have the firepower to take down the stronger Heavy/Elite Tactical Drones fairly quickly but it can be quite risky. Since all Borg can Assimilate I feel it's prudent to reduce the number of targets that can Assimilate you as swiftly as possible, especially as Drones are quite squishy. You're right about the Drones not being able to do enough damage to Assimilate you but they can do enough to your Bridge Officers particularly if two or more are attacking them. On the same note, your Bridge Officers tend to focus their healing skills on your Captain and use hypo's far too indescriminately to keep their HP out of the danger zone all of the time.

Sorry, kinda started rambling, I do that, often. Anyways your strategy is certainly valid and mine is in no way gospel so others may find your way best. I still need to get some other Races in the Enemy Analysis posts but if I have space in the post after I've squeezed them in I'll put your idea up as an alternate strategy.
Fair enough. It does take a fair amount of firepower, yes, which isn't too hard as a tac captain. Sci or Eng captains might have more trouble. No matter what I go up against, I always open with a photon grenade, which helps tons. And yeah, I've noticed that Boffs use hyposprays like candy. That's why I don't give them any. I have yet to see any of my Boffs ever get assimilated, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have happened while I wasn't looking (in truth, the only times I've ever been assimilated was when I left my Boffs behind on Tribble specifically so I could get assimilated and test the feature - otherwise, my team would wipe out the Borg before they got the chance). In general, I've found it pretty hard to get assimilated, but other players' mileage may vary.