View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-24-2011, 12:11 PM
I was using HY3 before I was able to get my hands on BO III, and while it was pretty fun to be able to unload 4 torpedos into an enemy, with all of the shield healing going around, it was always pretty difficult to land it into an exposed hull. It happened every now and then, but not often.

My thoughts are similar about Disruptors. It seems like they have a pretty decent debuff effect which is fairly long lasting, comparatively speaking. I don't see many people using them though. I see a lot of mention about AP, which I understand, and Polaron--I don't get why Polaron is so popular though. I mean, I could understand why it would be ideal for certain builds which perhaps emphasize power drain, but for others the proc doesn't seem all that great. Perhaps it's because of the in-game modifiers attached to Polaron weapons? (Acc/Damage/Crit and such?)

It's unfortunate that the Plasma DoT isn't very powerful... I think a DoT build could be pretty interesting to play with as a 'Sciscort' (lol, I like that term). Tetryon seems like it could be fairly useful, as getting through shields and all the shield healing seems to be the biggest hurdle to overcome in a PvP match.

Thanks for the comments