View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-26-2011, 08:27 AM
So... it looks like there are hardly any engineers left in GPvP. Why is this? I had a conversation during an Arena match last night:

Me: Any tips for engineer survivability?
PvPer 1: Bring a Sci.
PvPer2: Or roll a tac.
PvPer1: It's what everyone else has done.

And it's true. Engineers are now the least used class in PvP, and probably the least useful. Something ought to be done about this. Unfortunately, according to those players, they caught the ear of a dev - but that dev was perfectly happy with Engineers, because Orbital Strike is good in PvE now. Seriously? I mean, even if they were exaggerating what the dev said, how things perform in PvE has no bearing on PvP.* Engineers aren't being used in PvP, and something's got to be done.

I'm not saying Reroute Power to Shields should go back to its former un-nerfed glory, but there should be some sort of something done, because right now, even with the increased GPvP population, I've seen less and less Engineers playing. Before Season 4, all classes were played about equally. But now, I can literally count on one hand the number of Engineers I've seen since S4 hit - including myself. That shouldn't be the case.

*Which is why STO should go the way City of... did, and have separate rules for PvE and PvP. It would make things easier, and lessen the "PvPers got ___ nerfed!"