07-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsquaredncnp
I usually fly an MVAM and my Alpha is:

AP:A
AP:O
Fire on my mark
GDF
Tac Fleet (If up, although the cooldown is so long i usually save it)
Rapid Fire II (or BO:III then RF)
If shields are down in the first pass I use THY II (though I have been wondering about the effectiveness of Torps in PVP)

Sometimes BO:III rips through shields, other times it gets shrugged off like a mosquito. Even on ships with NO buffs up it can get shrugged off.

I just switched to an Excelsior Refit for fun. I have 6 beam arrays (well 2 DBB and 4 arrays) and two torps (i1 quantum in the front, and harpeng in the rear) On my Excelsior Refit:

AP: A
Fire on my mark
GDF
Tac Fleet (if up)
BO III
THY II (if shields are down)

Again, same problem on the refit. Sometimes fire from the arrays are shrugged off, other times they pierce right through. Maybe more acc?
Lots of people run one torp one beam rest cannons... I won't knock it.

However try one of the other... meaning 3 DHC 3 Turrets... and One beam or One Torp.

This will let you keep an attack pattern up ALL the time, by reducing the systems your trying to feed with skills... it will also simplify the piloting a bit. Also honestly IMO anyway 3 DHC is much better then 2.

I would also suggest you bind your beam to another fire key.

For example... line up on your 4th tray... first your DBB... then your DHC then your turrets.

Then bind this

/bind e "+trayexec 3 0"
/bind space "+trayexec 3 1 $$ +trayexec 3 2 $$ +trayexec 3 3 $$ +trayexec 3 4 $$ +trayexec 3 5 $$ +trayexec 3 6"

This would make your space bar fire your 3 DHC and your 3 turrets. With out firing off your beam.

Then you can load a BOL 3... and use your cannons and Wait on the BOL until you see hull... it will also allow you to stop firing for a sec to recover power... or just long enough to use a weapon battary.

You can also do things like turn on Tactical Init... load a BOL 3... after 15 seconds you can fire it and instanly load a second BOL 3 to fire again. So Space bar fire cannons... when BOL cool down is up wait a sec or use a bat... and BOL... then wait a couple more sec (or use the battary now) and fire again.

If you are not already also install Min one EPS... 2 for power return is nice if your planning to do things like chain BOLs.