View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 602
07-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Mentioned it before, but if they are finalized, then can we see the rewards of each commendation category? Releasing the rewards for one or more commendation category each week should keep some of us sated until Duty Officers come out to test. That way we can go "Look at what the 3rd Tier of Marauder gets. Isn't it awesome?" or "I am so going to max out Espionage because it gets this reward." Also gives the feedback of "Medicine is getting this? Can we change it so that fits better with the Medicine category?" We can give initial feedback to the rewards before testing occurs and we can plan out which commendations to go for since we want to go after a specific reward.
This is still a work in progress; right now each tier gives you:
  • A unique title and accolade
  • A duty officer (a valuable but not unique one for Tier I and Tier II, a blue unique for Tier III and a purple unique for Tier IV) for everything but Diplomacy and Marauding (who give unique bridge officers instead of duty officers)
  • Unlocks repeatable assignments that will allow you to get blue and purple bridge officers and advanced skill buff assignments

There are also other types of assignments unlocked, but they're not standardized across each commendation category.

The above is not a complete list, just what has currently been implemented internally. There have been a lot of discussions and experimentation to see what other types of rewards would both be appropriate and are practical to implement. Things that I can personally implement are most likely to be able to happen; things that require getting costume time, for example, are going to be harder, which isn't to say they can't happen, just that it will depend on what other priorities exist for those departments.

And, as always, we're interested in your feedback as to the kinds of things you think would be appropriate for the system.