View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-29-2011, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Being a 3D modeller myself, it SHOULD be trivial. Off the top of my head, assuming a UV map that has been placed on the Y-X axis, the only change that should really be necessary (and this is a dirty solution) is to select "X" area of the texture, and for each variant you have (Bump, Specular, Normal, Colour, etc) apply the same vertical movement of, let's say, 50 pixels.

So long as the alterations to each texture are the same - and this can be done with exacting precision with some of Photoshop's action-record tools - the change is easy.

It's a trivial solution, assuming their textures were made to be as simple (which is good) as possible.
Well, messy is the key issue - its not like the only thing on the texture there is the belt. there's mottling and seams and such all over that thing - every inch seems to be detailed. The only way I can see it being relatively trivial is if the appropriate elements (the belt elastic and associated shadowing) are still on their own layers in Photoshop, and its simply a matter of shifting them down a bit. If they're baked in, or the under-layer is otherwise customized to support the belt there, its going to get a lot messier to move it, with alot of cleanup of the big rectangular blank spot you'll be leaving where the belt used to be. Hardly impossible, but not precisely trivial, as then you're talking about a partial re-paint.