Thread: Unplayable
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-31-2011, 01:02 AM
It's impossible to find every bug that a patch may introduce, because of that, you will always have bugs in an MMO. Maybe in the future this will change, but right now that's how it is. What does this mean?

It means that even when some of us players test Cryptics patches on the test server, there will be bugs we either don't find, or bugs that will be introduced once it hits the live server.

And yes, I have been hit by the disconnect problem, but it doesn't bother me at all because I get this problem in other games to - again - not unique to cryptic at all. All MMO's have this issue, either because of some issue with the game server that can't be locked down or becuase of an interruption in your connection TO the server.

Quote:
That alone is keeping us out of the game and really should have been caught in Q&A. It's an obvious point of failure with even minimal interaction.
This bug you are referring I never found when S4 was on tribble, I also asked a few friends of mine and they didn't find it either. So either it was around and it just wasn't caught,. Or it appeared after the patch went to Live, IF this is the case: what this means is that Q&A had nothing to do with this, because at the time it was under Q&A the bug didn't exist.

This what I'm talking about, just because you find a bug on Live doesn't mean that bug existed on the test server or existed back when the patch was in Q&A. Patches not only fix stuff, but also break stuff. I know this very well from playing online for a very long time..