View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
No need for chest thumping. I picked a number out of the air, I have no idea how long it takes for me to defeat a cruiser. It's really beside the point. The point is that it takes longer to destroy the cruiser than the frigates, so you'll be facing their fire for the duration of that fight. If you take them out first, you will face less overall firepower.

That's all.

Do you fly through where the Plesh Breks are to attack the Cruisers? It's called stealth. Go around, take out the bigger threats, then take out the easy crap. One of the main sticking points in the strategies guide is to stealth around to take out the Cruisers.

Did you even read the guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
In any mass engagement I always try to take out the smaller ships first. Less weapons firing at me is always a good thing, and the easiest way to do this is to focus on the small ships until they are all gone. Then I can turn my undivided attention to the large ship.
...Or, or, you can take out the BIG SHIPS by avoiding the smaller ones, then (when you're fighting the smaller ones), you don't need to worry about pulling the bigger ships, because they're already gone. This is more important with the Breen, because the Breen Cruisers strip ALL YOUR BUFFS, and increase recharge time (INCLUDING on your weapons - you'll shoot slower). Use the strategies here, and hey... you AVOID that, take the cruiser easily, then laugh at how easy the Frigates are.

Do you get it... now?