View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Hey guys,

I just wanted to give you all a head's up that Geko and I are going to be getting our hands dirty over the next few months with a number of different aspects of ships. As a result, I am particularly interested in hearing your opinions and thoughts in several areas.

This being said, I want to keep your expectations moderated; there's a ton we'd like to do, a lot we can do, but also quite a bit we won't be able to do for a wide variety of reasons from time to balance. Also, I can't at this point give out as many details about what we are doing as we have with the duty officer system, and I apologize in advance that this will be a lot more listening and analyzing and a lot less spilling cans of beans.
Looking forward to all your feedback!
Quote:
1. What ship(s) did you fly as you ranked up? For each, primarily PvE, PvP or both? Group or solo?
1. Birds of Prey, just love them. PvE mostly, some PvP, but more than on my fed side characters. I prefer stories. Solo, as per wanting to read the mission text.

Quote:
2. What ship(s) do you fly at cap? For each, primarily PvE, PvP or both? Group or solo?
2. Not there yet, find myself with a lack of interest playing KDF side with little story. But I would fly the BoP ships.

Quote:
Quote:
3. Which ship(s) do you think are currently overpowered? PvE, PvP, or both? Specifically why?
4. Which ship(s) do you think are currently underpowered? PvE, PvP, or both? Specifically why?
3-4. Haven't looked into them.

Quote:
5. What feature of your favorite ships do you like the most? As in, console configurations, station configurations, aesthetics, special abilities, etc.?
I'm just going to quote my answer from the fed version as it's pretty much the same.

Quote:
5. I am pretty much an Aesthetics guy, it needs to look 'pretty' to me for me to want to use it. If I can't come up with a configuration I like I probably won't use the ship, I even took to copying my character over to tribble 3x each rank up just to play with the sip customizations available... Unfortunately I found I don't really like alot of the ship classes :/
That's not really much of a problem KDF side as all the BoP variants have the same aesthetics that I prefer for them, they just differ in the specifics.

I have not gotten so indepth to analyze the configurations or special abilities.
I just focused my Sci and Eng Bo powers on survivability as I'm flying a 'weaker' ship and leave the damage boosting to my Tac captain skills and the single Ensign Tactical slot I have.

Though I think most of the special abilities I"ve heard of have been interesting and support them. (balance issues aside)