View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Nice write-up, Red.

I also have found that beams "miss" a lot less than say, DHCs which seem to be on the other end of the scale. From what testing I've been able to complete it appears that beams did have a 95% to-hit ratio built in, probably due to the fact that they are the least DPS weapons. DHCs seem to be the extreme opposite. In fact, from a simple DPS meter, the tier 10 DHCs will throw more ending DPS than both the emblem and the crafted DHCs due to not much more than the added ACC trait from what I can see.

I have not done the extensive testing I did before since the FaW NERF which seems to have lowered the ACC rate to FaW. I haven't, yet been able to tell if just FaW was affected or if beams in general were lowered. I have noticed that FaW 1 will miss alot more than what it did in the old incarnation, but still have not seen a direct correlation with beams in general as yet.

It would probably help all concerned to get an in-game DPS meter and a little bit more info on the combat schedules simuliar to what SWG had.

Another nice thread that should help a bunch of people in chosing their builds, Red. /deepbow.