View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 48
08-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Specific questions:
1. What ship(s) did you fly as you ranked up? For each, primarily PvE, PvP or both? Group or solo?
I've tried all of the ships we have with my 4 Klingons. Favs, Raptor and Negh'Var, Carriers nice, too. Also tried the Varanus, Marauder...unimpressive. Tried the Grumba on Tribble, looks really cool, but otherwise, prefer the Raptor.
BoPs are super quick in a trun, but seem to blow up kinda easy in PvP.
The first 6-8 months or so did almost nothing but PvP with my fleet, lately mostly PvE since the fleet evaporated from boredom.

2. What ship(s) do you fly at cap? For each, primarily PvE, PvP or both? Group or solo?
My Tac's in a Raptor, Eng in a Negh'Var one Sci in a carrier and another in a BoP. Mostly fly in 2-3s, some solo, full team when I can find one, almost all PvE as of late.
3. Which ship(s) do you think are currently overpowered? PvE, PvP, or both? Specifically why?
I don't think any are overpowered. I died just as easy as I killed in PvP. It's all about the skillset.
4. Which ship(s) do you think are currently underpowered? PvE, PvP, or both? Specifically why?
None, see above answer, skills choosen and BO layout will determine how you well you survive, it's not the ship.
5. What feature of your favorite ships do you like the most? As in, console configurations, station configurations, aesthetics, special abilities, etc.?
This is more difficult to say...I like the alt skin for the Negh'var and it's heavy hull and shields, kinda prefer the console layout of the retro Vorcha, tho. It's a nice cruiser, but doesn't feel like the BB it's listed as.
Could really use some more ship choices overall. Hard to believe the Klingons became an Empire with only 5-6 different ships.
The B'Rel retrofit's ability to fire Torpedos while cloaked just doesn't seem to be all that, since as soon as you fire, you're auto-locked by the enemy and die rather quickly since you have no shields up while cloaked.
Like the raptor's turn rate and layout, one of the best overall we have, IMOHPO.