Thread: Warp Cores
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-11-2011, 01:44 AM
I've said it before, but it bears repeating: Who wouldn't drool over gear like this, as a special reward from a Romulan mission/mission series?

Mk XII Artificial Quantum Singularity Core [PWR] [WRP] [WEP]

Hell, as a customization thing, we could even have effects such as differently-colored glow in the nacelles as a result of an entirely different powerplant.

What I'd really like to see, though, is a true fitting system, similar to EVE Online. Here's how I would envision it:

Base = zip. Nada. Nothing. Your ship is stupid and powerless until you fit a computer and warp core.

Warp core = Powergrid, and if better than common part, also special traits.

Computer core = CPU, and same as above if blue, purple, etc.

You can't fit combinations of gear that surpass your maximum CPU or powergrid, or you cannot activate everything at once, or something like that. So, let's say you have a powergrid of 400 and a phaser beam array Mk X requires 50 power. You would be unable to either fit all of them, or fire all of them at the same time.

Anyway...just dreaming out loud...I kind of doubt this will ever happen, but it would add an entirely new dimension to the game. The fitting system is the best part of EVE, in my opinion, and it's also one of the best things about the Battletech universe/games. It adds the sort of replayability/depth that you will never get out of episodes and storyline stuff.