View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 175
08-15-2011, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Honestly I do not know if you play the KDF side but these torpedos in my view were not so much for us to use in pvp but as a way for us KDF players who use the ship to be able to use our EBC mode to kill npc ships in a reasonable amount of time. Especially in our alpha and bravo sorties because before the hargh'pengs the ship was nothing more than a lower hull bop with lots of problems but now most of the problems are fixed and its actually fun to play it. I am just hoping this crying over it stops because I for one have been asking for some way to have some fun with it atleast in pve and now its here and now the trolls want that fun to be gone.
That's an interesting theory but when you consider who got them first and how long it took to even get these Klink side it doesn't quite add up. It's more likely that the Peng was an anti-Klink and anti-spam weapon designed specifically to combat a faction that relies heavily on cloak while making short work of NPCs that don't even heal themselves anyway. It's a PvE weapon (with nasty balanceless reprocussions in PvP). You can rest assured that it wasn't created to make the B'rel more viable in PvE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
I witnessed another match where B'rel retrofits basically did nothing but lob Harg'Pengs into their focus targets repeatedly at long range. If you tried to engage them, then simply jammed sensors and recloaked. Sure, this is fun for the B'rel pilot, but how does this make any sense for an even fight?

I guess I'll wait until the Feds get their cloak hunter torpedoes...
Yeah, those guys are annoying but I suspect that's the point. We've been trying to get this crap fixed through three different versions and yet with each there has been someone who had them exclusively claiming they are fine.

Also, to clarify, the B'rel probably isn't using jam sensors and recloaking as they are probably not recloaking in the first place. Maybe a regular BoP is using this tactic but short of being caught off guard a Peng B'rel has no reason to decloak in the first place. Just some information to consider before making future balance suggestions.