View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 176
08-15-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
That's an interesting theory but when you consider who got them first and how long it took to even get these Klink side it doesn't quite add up. It's more likely that the Peng was an anti-Klink and anti-spam weapon designed specifically to combat a faction that relies heavily on cloak while making short work of NPCs that don't even heal themselves anyway. It's a PvE weapon (with nasty balanceless reprocussions in PvP). You can rest assured that it wasn't created to make the B'rel more viable in PvE.

Yeah, those guys are annoying but I suspect that's the point. We've been trying to get this crap fixed through three different versions and yet with each there has been someone who had them exclusively claiming they are fine.

Also, to clarify, the B'rel probably isn't using jam sensors and recloaking as they are probably not recloaking in the first place. Maybe a regular BoP is using this tactic but short of being caught off guard a Peng B'rel has no reason to decloak in the first place. Just some information to consider before making future balance suggestions.
Every so often a B'Rel-R needs to hit Jam if he gets too close tot he action, otherwise no. I will not lie I made B'Rel-R peng boat. I am not specced into it but it is fun penging ships that I have seen use pengs to full effect prior tot he KDF getting them. I am doing it for novelty and if I comer into a match against people I know and "respect" I will notify via zone. I am using this for a the Pengeance factor and that is all in a week or so I will have that character back in its Raptor. Though 4 Pengs, CTBM,and a Tric Mine with GW, TR is quite fun. I run with max power in engines and the next most in Aux. It is LOL wonderful.