U.S.S. Rhode Island Refit
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
08-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by
I'm fine with the ship being Tier 2, having a console, and costing 800 C-Points ($10 USD).
What I'm not fine with:
* No in-game method to obtain (sorry, this really needs to be available from Day 1 or else its a violation of the principle that no game-altering items are in C-Store)
* Unbalanced - console aside, it is better in three ways over the Tier 2 Science Vessel:
1) Has an additional engineering console
2) Has a 2nd lieutenant level science bridge officer (as opposed to default Tier 2's ensign level)
3) Has an impulse modifier of 0.20 instead of 0.15
What downsides does it have? None. Same hull, crew size, fore and aft weapons, tactical and science consoles, turn rate, inertia, and special abilities.
In other words -- this is the definition of a "pay-to-win" ship -- something you can only get by dishing out real cash and is the same or better in
regard. I'm really disappointed that after a 2 week delay based on tester feedback that this had none of the changes implemented.
Agreed, furthermore there's a genuine threat of this ship setting an example for future C-store ships. Imagine a T5 C-store only ship with 2 Cmdr. BO slots. It's something that is fairly likely to happen if things like the Rhode Island are tolerated ladies and gentlemen, think about that.