View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Unfortunately it seems no matter how long they take it still doesnt work right when released. That being the case, I dont see how making people wait a ridiculous amount of time for buggy content is somehow better than waiting a shorter amount of time for buggy content. Either way its buggy and breaks other things when released.
Oh I agree, in fact I said in my post that quality is more important. They're taking forever though because the dev team is small and has too much on its plate; everybody wants this and that because the game is just so barren for a MMO of this age (the Fed side as what? 50? 55? hours of lore-based gameplay including the FEs, but not including the STFs).

I recognize that programming takes a while and it's not easy to do, but MMO communities are patient with testing and development if they know that the devs are listening. If you release buggy and broken content/stuff and make the community feel like their opinions fall on deaf ears then you're going to drive people away and that's exactly what's been happening.

Rushing stuff out the door has gotten Cryptic nothing but endless complaints, if they want to truly build up the game then the rushing and the half releases have to stop, from there they need to work more closely with the testers of new content to make sure that it's bug free.