View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Why all this over the TOS phasers? I did the commission decommission trick once to load out a Excie with seven of them and it turned out to be schist, (yes I used a metamorphic rock in place of biological waste). At least till they do a damage range for common to unique weapons within a given Mk. Aside from looking cool they are commonly unique weapons with no special procs or bonuses that I have ever been able to find.

Though if someone has documented that there are hidden procs and bonuses, aside from leveling with you, to the TOS phasers I am all ears.
You answered your own question. People use them just for the looks and accepted that they are weaker than comparable phasers. So why was it necessary to do this and not even mention it, since we basically bought them for additional money. Valid questions I think.

Oh and btw, so they reduced the worth of the TOS Connie, which we bought from the C-Store. You can get millions of those TOS Hand Phasers or Lirpas and use them all at the same time, but the ship phasers are restricted now, thanks very much.