View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-21-2011, 10:07 PM
I think they haven't added Sol as a door yet is because they plan to introduce the rest of the solar system (planets, the moon, Jupiter Station etc). Supposedly they're all done just without content to go with it. (I find it pretty hard to believe since they opened up other places like Andoria and Risa without content.) When this is going to happen, I'm not sure. If it's in the near future, I'm not sure. So new doors for the Sol system probably aren't coming soon.

I tend to just place an invisible wall when dealing with environmental hazards and tell the player to do some objective to put it out. I wouldn't really consider making fire damage people or raditation damage over times a huge priority over some of the other assets that have been requested.

But I'm not really sure why you think it's a weak reason if Cryptic doesn't want to allow it. Objects in the Foundry can overlap with each other. What's really stopping me from dumping a bunch of environmental hazards that kill a player too quickly. Or what if they don't work fast enough and die too much? People would howl that I made a bad mission. I think I'm going to stick with my invisible walls.