Balanced Cruiser build?
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
08-23-2011, 06:31 AM
Firstly, I'd recommend a
read of a skillpoint spending guide
, because this relates immediately to BOff power effectiveness.
Secondly, due to the options available to Star Cruiser BOff layouts, you can take it many multiple ways. I have seen successfull Aux-to-Dampener cruisers that turn on a dime on demand, to hard-as-nails tankers, to even sneak-killers via Directed Energy Modulation.
- Emergency Power to Engines for the initial speed boost and Eject Warp Plasma, laying down a stream of burning death. Time this right and you could catch a majority of the enemy, burning and slowed down.
- Beam: Fire at Will with Directed Energy Modulation to quickly whittle down targets through shields
- Emergency Power to Auxiliary and Aux to Structural Integrity Field for a suddenly hardened and repaired hull
- Aceton Field on its own is a great target debuff that shoots a lot (like escorts)
- Emergency Power to Shields and Extend Shields allows you to boost your shield power and then share that shield with a friendly target
Take time to read on what each power can do, and think ahead on combining them for the effect/s you want to cause on the battlefield. Always a good place is
, so might as well bookmark it.