View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-24-2011, 10:44 AM
the real problem of the rules of the OPVP tournament is that only 2 fleet set the rules, all other has to follow. I dont think thats the way to go when making rules.
Also the rules suite the tactics allready known by those fleets in banning counters, like FAW or SS3, or Mines etc.

As long we have rules against abilitys that are not broken more then other abilitys spams or other things who are hardcounters i will never strictly follow those rules, as long as not all PVP Fleets are part of an legal and fair Rulesetting system i will not accept or follow those rules out of the Tourney.

And when i think the rules of the tourney are one sided or help some tactics more then to counter those tactics i will not be part of that turney, and the turney is not essential for me as a decent, legal, neutral and rating platform to decide which fleet is now on top or which tactic work good. In that case the tourney is nothing more then a couple of fun challenges.

Strategy and Tactic in every MMO is not set by rules of guys who ban think they dont want to face or deal with. All big Turneys of other MMO or Games dont have such many rules against abilitys or usage of it.

As long we can spam minions, ss1, ss2, there is a need for FAW and SS3 in my opinion.

FAW is not broken, as some guys think, after they nerfed it its a normal skill like others.

Spam is not broken, from abilitys or minions there is only the big lag issue.

As i said before, PVP Fleet or not PVP Fleet, every Premade use Tactics, and Tactics that counter or win against other Tactics or Setups get Nerf Crys. But when it comes to the factor to winning all Fleets are the same, they use what they have or want to use. Some Fleets go even further and want the whole thing balanced to their advantage, when those changes will come it will help them a few days, then the others will adapt and that is an endless cycle.