View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
The other thing to consider is that a lot of Klingon fans project onto the klinks their beliefs, and it's been going around for such a long time that the fanon is that Klingons are these brave samurai-esque warriors that adhere to a universal code of honour and blah blah blah- they totally don't.

While they might have been modeled off of the Samurai, the Klingons are nothing of the sort. Honour is really a misnomer in this situation- I think a better term would be... oh... Glory.

Seriously, go and substitute every use of the word 'honor' with 'glory' in Klingon dialogue.

the picture it paints is not a very nice one, which is part of the reason why the word 'honor' is used. Honour sounds so much more... noble.

EDIT: If 98% of klingons are 'corrupted' um... well there's a thing called majority rules. If 98% of klingons believe honor works that way, then by all accounts, that's how it works.

Glory... less so.
I never thought of them as space samurai. I always thought of them more as space bikers. Honor is found in furthering your gangs goals and in beating down your biker gang foes.

Anything else is just gravy.

And it also explains that klingon love of leather.

Just sayin....

and yeah, Sivar, calm down. They have to call it something, don't they?