View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 92
08-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
1. What ship(s) did you fly as you ranked up? For each, primarily PvE, PvP or both? Group or solo?
1. With first Tact Capt and Eng Capt I used Cruisers. Though the Tact has lost complete favor. Have played Science and Stuck with SVs though I'm thinking Eng might do this later too.

Quote:
2. What ship(s) do you fly at cap? For each, primarily PvE, PvP or both? Group or solo?
-- At Cap: Sovereign, Emissary/Avenger, and Excesior-Retrofit. Sovy, in both, Star Cruiser in Group, Excelsior Solo, Galaxy only testing phase for me.

Quote:
3. Which ship(s) do you think are currently overpowered? PvE, PvP, or both? Specifically why?
-- Amongst types, any cruiser that can pop BOTH Emergency Power to Weapons and Shields (I or II doesn't matter) and chain constantly. Yes we're tanks, but that is a bit over-the-top. I can understand chaining one, but not two (and I only chain one because I can devote power to one system and max it out anyway).

Quote:
4. Which ship(s) do you think are currently underpowered? PvE, PvP, or both? Specifically why?
-- Trying to be honest here: Turnrates for Cruisers is only marginally out of shape. In order of nimbleness it should be (while not far off at present): Excelsior > Assault Cruiser > Star Cruiser/Galaxy-Retrofit > Galaxy-X. I say this because, based on overall inferred mass and crew capacity. And it shouldn't be by much of anything as is. But the problem is that Galaxy-Rs, Galaxy-Xs need more balancing to match the low turnrate. I have never, once had problems, serious or otherwise, getting some performance out of my ship. Partly because turnrate is not a major consideration for my cruiser mentality. But what the Star Cruiser has, is the ability to compensate with Sci Ability. The Sovereign makes up with being able to pick from Beam Overload, Tactical Team, Beam Fire at Will. The three I use and sometimes Torpedo Spread. Something needs to be added to the Engineering powers, or the overall stats of a cruiser to make the lazy turns of a cruiser viable for them. But unless you fix the turnrate on all Cruisers, then please don't fix any of them. I don't necessarily always want to turn. Another bone to pick is that for Tanks, there is little threat from a cruiser in the game. FAW draws the crowds, I pop Feedback Pulse for more DPS to keep threat upsure, but shouldn't we have a innate threat gen? To be honest I'm not even sure FbkP I actually registers for threat, LOL! Or a Cruiser-Only beam array that builds threat? I almost prefer the second so that those of us that want to tank can draw fire if we choose while those cruisers that don't can opt out. This has me currently speced into an off-tank fleet support which is fun, but I can't keep the attention of hardly anything beyond the opening minute.

Quote:
5. What feature of your favorite ships do you like the most? As in, console configurations, station configurations, aesthetics, special abilities, etc.?
I generally have strayed away from the Excelsior and Galaxy, by principle I won't get the Galaxy-X. My favorites to fly are by far the Sovereign and my Avenger/Emissary mix. The configurations in many cases do not blend well with other types. Even sometimes when they may, the seams do not match completely. The extra configurations are okay. The newer ship models are superior to what we started with so they look great by comparison. But we seriously lack some things going on here too. No Warp Core slot for popping in a Covariant-esque high powered Warp Core, a Regenerative-esque, quick power transfer Warp Core, Nadion stylized Warp Core with slower power drain and transfer rate with okay power output.
All T5 and T5.5s really need to have the BO/Console layout looked at a bit just to see if tweaks can be made. The extra non-Centric power for any ship may need to be a Lt Cmdr ability, (Ex. Sovy: Cmdr Engineer, Lt. Cmdr Tactical, Lt. Engineer, Lt, Science, Ensign Engineer. Ex. Star Cruiser: Cmdr Engineer, Lt Cmdr Science, Lt Engineer, Lt Tactical Lt. Science, Ensign Engineer.) Then change the Excelsior around to make it the Engineering powerhouse. Making appropriate changes to the other ship types too (I don't reference them because I'm not as familiar with them). These are only ideas, but the reason I offer this is because for an Assault Cruiser, the Sovy does little tactical, for a Star Cruiser science heavy ship it does little in the way of science. Maybe all of this comes down to the lack of good diversity in Engineering Powers. Or are we to assume the developers wanted Cruisers to chain EPtS and EPtW? I'm confused.